Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Last day of Nursing School

Wow.  It is really, finally over.  The past 2.5 years (longer if you count pre-req's) have gone by so fast.  It didn't feel like it at the time, but now that it is over.... phew!  What a rush!  

Today I took my last final exam.  While it was a horrible, horrible experience and I was sure that I failed it, I did not.  I have no idea how many questions got thrown out though, as there were a lot of funky ones and the original class average was apparently not so good from what I heard.  At any rate, I ended up passing it fine, and managing to still get an A in the class.  That leaves me with........... drum roll please............ a 4.0 GPA for the nursing program. I cannot believe I managed to pull that off!  

Tomorrow I am taking a much needed day of rest, and doing something fun with my daughter and hanging out with my mom.  Friday I have my final clincal day, but we are just doing Brunch for the nurses on the unit and going to lunch ourselves and doing our final evaluations.  Not real work.  :)

Unfortunately, Friday night I work, but then I am off the weekend.  It's going to be a fun one too - Aviation Day on Saturday and then our early Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday with the whole Famdamily over at Eva and Lou's.  

Monday night I start 3 crazy weeks of Preceptorship AND working.  I'm going to be so confused I might not know what hospital to show up at or which badge and uniform I need to be wearing, LOL.  thank goodness it is only for 3 weeks!  I have some long stretches of working/preceptorship with no days off in between.  Should be interesting!  

I just want to say a special thanks again to....

My wonderful family for putting up with me through all of this, stepping up to take care of things when I couldn't because I was working or studying (or both), or too tired from having been up for over 24 hours, and sometimes close to 36 hours.  And for helping fund my education, since I work for peanuts.  :)

Thank you to all the friends I have made for helping support me through this, studying with me, commiserating with me and just being there to understand what Nursing School is like.  I will never forget our friendship and I hope we keep in touch for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment