Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Blog and School

So, we used to run our own server.  My blog was housed on that.  We no longer do that anymore, so, alas, I am starting over with a new blog.  I am sure that my old blog posts still exist, somewhere.  At least I hope they do.  Will have to try to remember to question Hubby about that one.  

So anyway.... After 2.5 VERY long years, I am finally almost done with school.  One final exam down, 2 to go for next week.  I have 3 more days of clinical left.  Then all that is left is Preceptorship.  In just over 1 month I will be graduating!  It is surreal at this point.  I can't believe it is almost over.  I am very, very excited, and a little sad at the same time.  I am so used to going to class, working, doing client care paperwork, care plans and care maps, studying for tests..... I will miss seeing friends I have made every week.  

There are friends I have made in this program that I will never forget.  We will always be friends, no matter where we go or what we end up doing with our nursing careers.  We will always remember the things we went through in this program.  The good times and bad, the easy times and tough, the happy times and sad.  There are things we went through together as nursing students that other friends in other careers just don't understand.  Likewise, I'm sure they all went through things I don't understand.  

I am grateful to all the new friends I made in this program.  I know we could not have made it through this all without each other.  

I am grateful to my friends I had before this program for sticking by me even though they have barely seen me for 2+ years.  

I am grateful to my Hubby for picking up our daughter when I couldn't stay awake anymore, cooking me dinner when I hadn't eaten all day, listening to me rant and rave about a mean nurse I worked with at clinicals or a crappy exam I took at school, doing laundry when I forgot my clothes needed to be washed the next day, and putting up with me all the times I cried and said I couldn't do it - and for telling me that Yes, I could do it!  

I am grateful to my mom for being there through it all - every rant and rave, every tear, every paper I needed proofread, every question I had.  I am grateful to her for picking my daughter up at least once a week, and this last semester often twice a week, and for keeping her over the weekends when I had to work and/or study.  I am also grateful for our weekly lunches, since there were periods where Thursday afternoons were all I looked forward to when everything else felt like it was falling apart.

I am grateful to my dad for helping me pay for school, or I wouldn't be here at all.  

I am grateful to the nurses I work with as a tech/CNA for listening to me when I needed to talk, caring about how my school was going, helping me learn how to do new things, LETTING me do new things, making me think for myself, and putting up with my incessant studying in the middle of the night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment