Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pen Obsession Confession

For those of you who do not know, I have a MAJOR pen obsession.  I have enough pens to open my own office supply store.  However, that would mean I would have to get rid of pens, and I don't want to do that, LOL.  In all seriousness, I probably have over 1000 pens. 

Until very recently, I did not realize there were other people who shared my pen addiction.  Then by following a series of links I found the Pen Addict.  I have since found several other blogs I enjoy reading (right now in my very limited time, because of school), and websites such as Jetpens!  I cannot wait until I have some money and I can order some pens from them!  Not like I need to add to my stash any...

I only wish that I had thought of starting a blog to review pens like the Pen Addict.  What better thing for a pen addict to do???  Not to mention that people send pens!  LOL.  Seriously, I may review some pens.  I wonder how long it would take me to review 1000 pens?  
I am an equal opportunity pen owner.  I don't care if they are fancy or plain, cheap or expensive.  I used to love fountain pens, and have not had one in years.  I plan on buying one soon, as I do miss them.  Aside from my love for fountain pens, I had always been a hardcore ballpoint pen lover.  This was mostly because rollerballs of yester-year did not write properly with the unusual way in which I hold my pen most of the time.  Neither did the original gel pens.  This has changed however, and it seems pretty much all decent pens will write for me regardless of how I hold it.  This opens up more pen opportunities for me!  :)  Thus, I have relatively recently gotten into loving gel pens and a few rollerballs as well.  

Like most hardcore pen loves, I also have particular things I like about some pens more than others, prefer a certain type of grip or barrel, a certain line weight, etc.  I absolutely prefer a retractable pen over one with a cap for example. 

I can also tell you I would much rather write in blue or some funky color like purple or green than in black (too bad in Nursing you can only chart in black!).  I prefer a 0.7 mm line weight in the majority of pens.  I have a few pens however that are less or more, and they also have a place in my pen jar/box.  I have certain pens or types of pens I like to use for one purpose or another.  And because I often have to write in several different colors in a night for work, I have a SERIOUS love for multi-pens!  I did not realize until I found the Jetpens website that there were so many multipens available! 

My all-time favorite pen is the JetStream Sport.  I have a serious love affair with this pen.  They are incredibly hard to find locally, especially in the "original" model, which had a slightly thicker grip, the traditional 3 little ovals on the clip, and was a 0.7mm nib.  Thank goodness I found you can order them from Jetpens!  The new ones I can sometimes find locally have a thinner grip and a 1.0 mm line.  They are still nice to write with, my not my FAVORITE pen.  Jetpens even has a multi-pen version, and I just cannot wait to get my hands on one.  I will be in absolute heaven....

No comments:

Post a Comment